There are thousands of useful tools that you can use to improve your digital marketing and help you manage your time effectively, below are 5 of our favourite tools that we use daily.
1. Lighthouse is an open-source, automated tool for improving the quality of your web pages. It gives you reports for performance, accessibility, progressive web apps, and more. You give Lighthouse a URL to review, it runs a series of checks against the page, and then it generates a report on how well the page did. From there, use the failing audits as indicators on how to improve the page. Each audit has a reference doc explaining why the audit is important, as well as how to fix it. Lighthouse is great for finding out your page speed and your onsite SEO score among others!
2. Even though Hootsuite is very popular now and used by many, it’s still worthy of a place on this list! HootSuite is the perfect tool to manage all of your social media channels in one place, you can schedule posts to over 30 globally used networks, view all of your updates, add streams for mentioned keywords or hashtags and much more. Used by over 15 million people Hootsuite has become a key tool for many marketers.
3. Blog writing and onsite text is so important for SEO so making sure your text is well written and grammatically correct is crucial. Hemmingway Editor is a free web-tool that reviews your text for ‘presence of adverbs, hard to read sentences, complex words or phrases, and passive voice within a text’, it colour-codes each error in the text depending on what the issue is. Hemmingway is a step further than Microsoft Word which will only detect spelling errors and a few other issues. Similar to this Grammarly is a great tool for proof-reading with more than 250 grammar rules that it uses.
4. It’s well documented that adding media to your social posts and blogs will attract greater engagement but find the time to create images can be a time-consuming process especially if you’re not a graphic designer. Canva takes away this problem by giving you a whole host of different templates to choose from, including specifically sized templates for Facebook, Twitter and more. Canva has thousands of images, illustrations, and fonts for you to easily create a professional looking image quickly.
5. Keeping on top of everything that’s going on in your industry can be a daunting task, to make sure you don’t miss anything important Google Alerts is still the best tool to keep you informed. Simply add in keywords, brand names, or even competitors, the service will collate new results like news articles, web pages or blogs that match the search term that you have entered and send it in an email to your account for you to digest.
Throughout March, we’ll be having four free webinars on a range of topics. We have limited spaces available so make sure you book to secure your spot.
18 May 2018
18 May 2018
We’ll help you determine the most effective digital marketing plan for your business.