If you use the internet, you can’t escape the social media frenzy that is now part of our everyday lives! Social media is now the number one activity on the web, so if you are still not convinced that it’s here to stay then check out these top 5 interesting social media stats that we’ve seen this year.
1. Facebook now has 3.2 billion interactions every day and 300 million photos are shared daily, we just can’t get enough of the ‘original’ social media giant. This all equates to 1 out of every 7 minutes spent online is on Facebook.
2. Each day over half a billion tweets are posted on Twitter, but don’t be over zealous with the use of your #hash tags as tweets using only 1 to 2 get 21% higher interaction with tweeters than those using over 3.
3. We watch 2 million YouTube videos a day, with an amazing 1hour of video being uploaded to YouTube every second.
4. Instagram has seen huge growth this year and now has 500 million images uploaded each day. Only last week within the first 8 hours of launching video on Instagram over a year’s worth of footage was shared.
5. If you are one the growing population of smartphone users and there are 500,000 new android phones registered each day, then it’s likely you spend more time browsing social networks than actually speaking on the telephone. Among Smartphone owners age 18-44, making phone calls makes up only 16% of the total time spent using their devices, with the remaining 84% of the time taken up with texting and interacting with email and social networks.
So maybe these social media stats might have you reconsidering the value of social media when it comes to your business. If you have a sales and marketing plan which doesn’t include a social media strategy you could be missing out on your share of this growing marketplace.
These social media stats make you wonder how we every managed to communicate before the birth of social media, though!
Do you know of any interesting social media stats? Share them with us.
We’ll help you determine the most effective digital marketing plan for your business.