Getting your team on board and excited about social media can at times be a challenge. Many will embrace social channels however some may need support and educating in how social media can support a business. Below are a few ideas to help get your franchise excited about social media:
- Educate the teams in social success stories – highlight happy customer reviews, engaging conversions that have occurred.
- WIIFM – what’s in it for me? Sales teams could gain new business from social channels if educated on social channels used by the company. Let them know this and how best to approach these opportunities.
- Show competitors in action across social channels. If they are successful, why can’t we be? What can we do to get in on those conversations?
- Get Involved! – Get the team involved in the social strategy discussions, the campaign ideas, and the content. Often, social channels achieve great interaction via ‘behind the scenes’ type content. This type of content could be driven by internal teams. You could also discover a hidden gem in the team who’s very creative, or someone who’s a great copy writer to utilise.
- Ask for help: the franchise teams might have individual skill sets that could contribute to content across social channels e.g. ask the expert. Utilise skills set and knowledge,
- Set realistic objectives within the team to bring on there knowledge and use of social channels. Ensure they are supported also.
- Encourage staff to engage with company social channels e.g. retweet or favourite.
We’d love to hear your ideas on how you get your franchise excited about social media. Share it with us in the comment section below.