LinkedIn is giving companies the chance to promote any groups they own or are members of, on Company Pages. Groups are a good way of meeting like-minded people on LinkedIn and they become more and more valuable to you as a business as members join. Here’s how to add your group to your Company Page:
- To promote a group you either have to be an admin or a member of it.
- Go to your Company Page and click on the blue Edit button in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see a Featured Groups section.
- Start typing the name of the group you wish to add and will appear below.
- Click on the group you wish to add and it’ll show up in the larger box.
- Scroll back up to the top and click the blue Publish button.
- The groups you just added should now show on your Company Page.
Promoting your groups in this way will encourage people visiting your page to sign up. Especially if that group is unique and has something valuable to offer.
Starting a group is a really good way to expand your network and meet people that you might want to work with in the future. Linking a group like this to your page shows off the connection between the two. You might want to promote a group you are already part of to add value to your Company Page, or you might want to promote a group you have created in order to get more people to join.
Being part of, or starting, a group means you can widen your reach on LinkedIn. You’ll be less restricted by who your connections are. This is especially important if you are just starting out on the network and want to communicate with new people before you’ve added all of your business contacts.